Friday, September 5, 2014

Classroom Tour

So it has been a little stressful trying to move into a new school, figure out the best way the "flow" of the classroom is going to work and then to top it off... moving into a new home the weekend before school starts too... AHHHH... talk about stressful fun!!

Anyways, here are some shots of my new classroom. I love how it turned out and I really think that it is going to be a GREAT year!!! My kids are pretty much amazing!
This is the front of my classroom, I made a new number line this year that incorporates odd/even and touch math as well. That and I love how big and clean they look too :)

So since I made a new number line, I figured I would make an alphabet chart too!!! This is just in rainbow order, I tend to do a lot of things in rainbow order so why not!! The bulletin board (not finished) is also my Phonics board!! I am SOOOO excited about this board! One of my favorite things to teach is phonics!!! 

Another shot of the front of the room.

Side view.

These are the close ups of the alphabet and number line pieces, all I did was print off the alphabet in the biggest font that all the letters would print on a regular piece of paper, then I ran them through the copier on colored paper... This is SO much cheaper then buying an already made set, and much cuter if you ask me.

So these are the only pictures I have before school started... below are the pictures I took after a few weeks of school, so it is a bit of a mess but I needed to get this blog post up so here we go...
Small group area, and completed phonics board, as we learn sounds, I will post them up as a reference.

Dry erase dots during small group have been the best thing EVER!!! I have had these for about 3 years now and do not think I could live without them.

Computer area

Our meeting area where all of our WBT goes on!! This is our magical spot :))

Our Super Improvers wall, which I am still trying to learn and figure out so I have not quite decided what all my plans are with this... How do YOU use it in your classroom?

Pencil station, jobs and where pretty much everything lives... on this book shelf: Spy Folders, Pencils, Sanitizer, bandaids, lost and found etc.

Clip chart for behavior

Word work center area.
Blue baskets are where the Fluency Center is.. I am so excited about this area!!! Thanks to First Grade Parade

Here is a snap shot of the things found in the baskets!!! She explains it all very well!

Groups and birthdays.


And that in a nutshell is my classroom! I hope you have enjoyed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment